9/15/2007

>>RICARDO VILLALOBOS



You've been waiting for this for a while and it's finally here! The most hyped Fabric release and one of the most hyped Ricardo records (well since "Sinner In Me" at least) is finally here. Breaking with the tradition of Fabric cd's being mixes senor Villalobos has delivered a collection of 15 original productions, including the 'one with the chanting' that him and Luciano have been caning all through the summer and before.

Ricardo villalobos has reached a point , where he can do as artist what ever he wants to.
and it works very well.



“It is all my productions and it's a form of introducing an album as a mix. Every time you do an album and then you do the next one, people start to compare how the music is different, why you did it on this label and not that label, they try to define it, "the other album was better," "there's no hit like "Easy Lee" on it... and so forth it's exhausting, really. So I think you always have to find a new way to introduce your music and present yourself. I chose fabric because fabric is the perfect label
for me to do this on. I really prefer for it to be treated like a normal mix CD, with no hype. I'm more known for head-y, trippy music, so of course it is still very trippy and monotone, in the monotone way of delivering always the same tone and doing something to your brain. But it is more dancey and housey and summery. I always think of the dancefloor when I create music, so it's a projection, a vision. And it?s not one track after another after another, it develops very subtly.”



"For me it's incredible to be able to play at Fabric so often. It's the best sounding club in the world. The atmosphere is really nice, the concept is really nice, that there are three floors, each a completely different world. You enter each room and it is like it is swallowing you, it's something that doesn't happen in big rooms very often. If I am asked to play in a club where two thousand people attend in one night I normally say 'No, no way, too much'. The first time I came to Fabric I was completely surprised at how separate and how isolated each of the worlds are. You can decide on where to go depending on how you feel, and the line ups are good and different. It's a music lover's concept, and the people that do fabric are music lovers. And it has a lot of support from the underground: that isn't very common for a big club at all."



download part 1 Ricardo Villalobos - Fabric 36
download part 2 Ricardo Villalobos - Fabric 36